Join our social media platforms
Join Educative News Room for regular updates about related topics
Why promoted teachers on the same rank receive different increments of Ghc45, Ghc125, Ghc190, and over Ghc400 per month respectively after placement on rank
Promoted teachers received different salary increments of Ghc45, Ghc125, Ghc190and over Ghc400 per month respectively after they were placed on their appropriate ranks.
The concerns of promoted teachers
Teachers who passed their promotions successfully were placed on their salary scale. However, there were several discrepancies in the amount received by each teacher.
Others also read: What H and L of salary levels mean on payslips
Others also read: Banks now demand clearance letters from quick loan before granting loans
Many of the teachers on the same rank but received different amounts were concerned. Especially, teachers who got the least amount were seeking for answers.
We have therefore investigated the cause of the discrepancies and established the following answers.
The difference between two points on the same level (e.g. 18H point 2 and 18H point 3) is 1.7%.
Moving from point 5 and above to the next level is also 1.7%
Teachers on responsibility allowance receive an extra amount which is not fixed on all levels. For example, teachers on the Principal Superintendent rank receive more money for responsibility allowance than when they are on the Assistant Director II rank. Also, teachers on Assistant Director I rank receive more money for responsibility allowance than when they are on Principal Superintendent and Assistant Director II. Refer to the Single Spine Salary Structure amounts for all levels here
Others also read: Banks no longer pay-off loans
Others also read: Teachers Fund Exhausted Their Loan Budget For 2023
Many also read: 13 Things To Consider When Taking Loan, According To BoG
Others also read: The Law On Partner’s Property Acquired With Loans | Legal Insight
Others also read: Commercial Banks Loan Without Affordability
Findings for teachers without responsibility allowance
Teachers without responsibility who were on Point 5 or Point 6 before the promotion received only a 1.7% salary increment. This is the least increment anyone would get.
Teachers without responsibility who were on Points below 5 receive 1.7% for each point movement up to point five before finally moving to the next level with another 1.7%.
E.g. If you were on Point 4 before the promotion, you will get 1.7% point movement to reach point 5. And then another 1.7% point movement to the next level. So such a teacher will get a total of 3.4% monthly increment.
Also, if you were on Point 3 before the promotion, you will get 1.7 point movement to Point 4, another 1.7% movement to Point 5, and finally, 1.7% point movement to the next level. Such a teacher will get a total of 5.1% monthly increment (1.7% + 1.7% + 1.7%)
Findings for teachers with responsibility
Fortunately, teachers with responsibility allowance were maintained on their responsibility allowance status.
Unlike in the previous situations where the responsibility allowances are taken off for affected staff to re-start the process to reinstate the allowance.
Finally, the similar amount of salary differences between teachers with responsibility allowance and teachers without responsibility allowance continue to remain.